Monday, March 1, 2010

My Adventure Day 2: "Hi, I'm Kirby..."

Day 2: "Hi, I'm Kirby..."

Yesterday I got some really good rest (the kids didn't make any noise, THANK GOODNESS) and headed to have my final "meal" before heading to the Fitness Ridge. I ate at the place in my hotel and decided on a healthy option. (I really wanted the burger with some cake!) But I went with grilled shrimp and a salad.

I took the shuttle to the resort and this place is beautiful!!! There was so much information to read over so I didn't get a chance to take pictures, but there will be some soon!


My cool name tag!

I got checked into my room and then I had to get "Tested In". This is where you weigh in and get measured. You weigh in with the doctors that are on staff. And while weighing in is NEVER fun, it is such a supportive and kind enviorment. After that I decided to work out. (People were looking at me in the gym like I was nuts) But I figured that since I'm here to work out, might as well get a start on it! After that we had dinner and orientation. The food was really good!! I was surprised it was good and actually filling. You eat with everyone who is staying at the resort (which is 68 people total) and I made friends with these two hilarious girls from New Jersey. They were so sweet and one of them had been here a week already and gave me great tips and advise. The BEST advise was to book a massage for mid-week. (Done and done). Orientation was pretty much a snooze. If you read the information they sent you prior to arrival, you had already heard it all. Once that was over I headed back to my room and actually got to bed at 10:30pm!!

So the first day went great. I'm off to go on our "Stop Sign" timed trial hike....I'll explain this if later, if I survive it!!


3 comments:

  1. shut up!!! your @ the fitness ridge!!! we all want lots of details... me=jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I would love to go to Fitness Ridge! I can't wait to hear more about your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for you to share all your advise and tips with us!

    www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete